Ceramic Jewellery making 3 day Workshop
This is a three-day workshop in Ceramic Jewellery making workshop.
Clay is a very sensual & satisfying material to work with..
There is nothing quite like it! In addition, it is something you can do at home in you awn private space. All work can be fired at Hot Dot Designs…we have 5 kilns ranging in various sizes and temperatures.
You can hire a shelf of the whole Kiln!
Students will explore the wonderful properties of Clay with professional Tutor Carolyne Brennan of Hot Dot Designs Est 1986.
We will be working with white earthenware, all techniques covered in this workshop can be adapted over to stoneware/midrange or porcelain (porcelain jewellery making workshop coming soon!
TECHNIQUES COVERED in Workshop…….Skill Level ALL
• Preparing clay ready for working ( wedging) Carolyne will show you a simple method for wedging smaller pieces of Clay
• The properties of clay & how to work with this material as timing is essential.
• Kiln firing schedules will be discussed …Please bring a note book!!
* Colour and design principles, students will have samples of all colours they will be working with, to assist decision making along with test pieces to assist them with their choices of shapes.
• Slab rolling verses Hand rolling
Decoration Techniques covered in the Workshop
*Japanese tissue paper
* Under Glaze applications…stippling..sponging…layering…stencils
* Extruded additions & there use in hand building clay
Students will have test pieces to assist them with their choices of shapes
WHAT'S INCLUDED in your workshop
*All clay! No limit on how much students use
*Use of all Tools
* a great selection of Artists Brushes
* a great selection of Japanese tissue papers
*use of Professional Slab Roller
* two Kiln firings (1 Bisque/1 Glaze)
WHAT YOU WILL MAKE IN THIS WORKSHOP:
• Pendants: …Round…Square….Oval…Flower Shapes
Beads: round,,,square….rectangle…..irregular shapes.
• Pinch Pots: a simple way to start a pot or a hollow pendant or bead
• You will be shown the many ways of putting holes in the beads/Pendants & will have access to all of Carolyne professional tools & tips of the trade.
* Students will be encouraged to make as many Clay pieces as they like from Beads to pendants.
* there will be samples for you to look at and make your own decisions on the style and shape of pendant you would like to design and make
* Various methods will be discussed how to attach your finished Clay pieces to make wearable jewellery
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
please wear covered in shoes
no loose clothing