I would encourage students to bring along their own drawings & idea's,
this is not necessary as there will be several patterns and ideas to get you started.
- Discover the wonders, beauty & magic properties of Glass !!
& make your own jewellery .
- This is a great workshop to follow on from the beginners workshop
- GLASS IS Easy!!
You tutor Carolyne Brennan has over 30 years experience working as a professional Artist and Designer
This is a workshop with realistic achievable professional learning out comes for all levels
• Positions fill quickly for these workshops so avoid disappointment book early
• Glass Test Pieces & Dichroic tests available to assist you in your colour and layering decisions.
• Students will be encouraged to design cut and make ovals & squares with holes
• This is a great workshop, and an interesting way to cross over DICHROIC glass into your future jewellery designs.
• HDD offers kiln firing services which will allow you to continue working with glass in the future by having access to a kiln if you don't have one. See kiln firing services
TECHNIQUES COVERED in Workshop
* All students will have safety cutting grid matts to work on
(The fear has been taken out of the cutting for you, there will be tape as well should you require it)
*safety procedures: discussed & practised with glass handling & compatibility
* Colour and design principles, discussed.
Students will have over 50 colour test pieces along with glass colour test boards to assist them in their colour choices as well as samples of finished work.
*You will learn how to Layer the glass pieces, and allow for the design of holes in the glass piece. Holes will allow the glass to be worked into a neck piece or suspended on a frame
* Various methods will be discussed how to attach your finished glass pieces to make wearable jewellery
WHAT'S INCLUDED in your workshop
*use of grinding machines (procedure, use & care of will be explained)
* All Glass clear & coloured
* Notes ( extensive soft copy from level 1 along with suggested firing schedules
* Kiln firing of your work completed in workshop
* All tools supplied by tutor glass cutter, grozer pliers x 2, running pliers, steel ruler, glue, brushes, bats for your glass work in transition to the kiln area
WHAT YOU WILL MAKE IN THIS WORKSHOP:
Glass pieces with holes that can be designed & made into Jewellery
(HDD Studio is fully equipped with findings and bails should you want to purchase them)
Pendants - Earrings - Brooches
Depending on time , Students will be encouraged to make as many pieces as the like
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Please wear covered in shoes
no loose clothing
***if booking on line your workshop prices will be adjusted on your return email
Along with your enrolment form