skill level ALL
this is where the excitement and the jewellery (jewelry) creative journey begins!!!!
One Day Workshop
Held at Hot Dot Designs School of Fashion Jewellery Studio
Where: Killarney Vale on the Central Coast
Time: 9am – 4:00pm
- Tools and their uses
- How to use safe tool practices.
- How to make and join eye pins like a professional
- Correct use of jump rings, & how to open & close them with ease.
- How to make jump-rings.
- How to distinguish a good product from an inferior product.
- Uses for an inferior product.
- Techniques to assist you Colour mixing.
- The golden rules for Design principles.
- Placement of materials & ratio of materials size.
- Techniques to assist you Colour mixing and matching.
- Seed beads and their use in jewellery making and designing.
- Proportions & their principles and understanding how to use it in your work.
- How to develop your eye……like why things work and why they don’t.
- How to design & make beaten metal coils & shapes & add them to your work for a decorative finish.
- Working with artistic wire & how to harden the wire.
I cross techniques from my silversmithing background into this workshop that will give you an edge with jewellery design…such as beating metal shapes & coils.WHAT’S INCLUDED in your workshop
Use of studio tools (please feel free to bring your own tools)
print out PDF student sheet
there will be extra products & tools for students to purchase
The studio is fully equipped with floor to ceiling beads and findingsWHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
your eagerness to learn all these fabulous new techniques
If you prefer to use your own tools, please bring them along
Colour choices available for this workshop
Need some INSPIRATION – you will get plenty
Hot Dot Designs School of Fashion Jewellery
awards students Certificates on Completion of all workshops
Wine & Cheese will be served after this workshop for those that would like to relax before heading home.