Tools and their uses
- How to use safe tool practices.
- How to make and join eye pins like a professional
- Correct use of jump rings, & how to open & close them with ease
- How to make jump-rings
- How to distinguish good product from inferior product
- Uses for inferior product
- techniques to assist you Colour mixing
The golden rules for Design principals
Placement of materials & ratio of materials size
- Techniques to assist you Colour mixing and matching
- Seed beads and their use in jewellery making and designing
- proportions & its principals and understanding how to use it in your work
- How to develop your eye……like why things work and why they don’t
- How to design & make beaten metal coils & shapes & add them to your work for a decorative finish.
- Working with artistic wire & how to harden the wire.
I cross techniques from my silver smithing background into this workshop that will give you an edge with jewellery design…such as beating metal shapes & coils
WHAT’S INCLUDED in your workshop
Use of studio tools (please feel free to bring your own tools)
print out PDF student sheet
there will be extra products & tools for students to purchase
The studio is fully equiped with floor to ceiling beads and findings
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Lunch – Notebook & pencil & or pen
your eagerness to learn all these fabulous new techniques
If you prefer to use your own tools, please bring them along
Colour choices available for this workshop
- you will have plenty of colour choices in this workshop
Gold & Silver….gold being the main colour
Silver & Gold….Silver being the main colour
IMPORTANT!!! please wear covered in shoes
Hot Dot Designs School of Fashion Jewellery awards students Certificates on Completion of all workshops.