Tools and their uses
- How to use safe tool practices.
- How to make and join eye pins like a professional
- Correct use of jump rings, & how to open & close them with ease
- How to make jump-rings
- How to distinguish a good product from an inferior product
- Uses for an inferior product
- techniques to assist you Colour mixing
The golden rules for Design principals
Placement of materials & ratio of materials size
- Techniques to assist you Colour mixing and matching
- Seed beads and their use in jewellery making and designing
- proportions & its principles and understanding how to use it in your work
- How to develop your eye……like why things work and why they don’t
- How to design & make beaten metal coils & shapes & add them to your work for a decorative finish.
- Working with artistic wire & how to harden the wire.
I cross techniques from my silversmithing background into this workshop that will give you an edge with jewellery design…such as beating metal shapes & coils
WHAT’S INCLUDED in your workshop
Use of studio tools (please feel free to bring your own tools)
print out PDF student sheet
there will be extra products & tools for students to purchase
The studio is fully equipped with floor to ceiling beads and findings
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
Lunch – Notebook & pencil & or pen
your eagerness to learn all these fabulous new techniques
If you prefer to use your own tools, please bring them along
Colour choices available for this workshop
you will have plenty of colour choices in this workshop
Hot Dot Designs School of Fashion Jewellery awards students Certificates on Completion of all workshops.