All Materials use of tools-equipment-lunch provided
Intermediate – Advanced
Course Start Date & Time:
2-day Dichroic glass fusing workshop
OMG, this is an amazing workshop! 9am-4.30pm
- Lunch will be provided on both days
- Maximum number of students in class 3
- I will be on board to assist with design and cutting and YES you can do it!!!
- I would encourage students to come along to this workshop with drawings & or sketches
of finished jewellery that they have in mind or want to make for there glass pieces.
This will make it easier for me to advise them on how to achieve their goals.
- I will have a selection of workshop frames out so they can be used for some creative thinking!!
- Discover the wonders, beauty & magic properties of Glass !!
& make your own STAND OUT FASHION JEWELLERY
- This is a workshop with realistic achievable professional learning outcomes for Intermediate levels
- Positions fill quickly for these workshops so avoid disappointment book early
- Glass Test Pieces & Dichroic tests available to assist you in your colour and layering decisions.
- Students will be encouraged to design cut and make shapes of their choice with assistance.
- Great layering techniques with several firings will be used in the workshop.
- HDD offers kiln firing services which will allow you to continue working with glass in the future by having access to a kiln if you don’t have one. See kiln firing services
WHAT’S INCLUDED in your workshop
- Tuition & discussion of glass and its properties.
- Students will have their own designated areas, with all tools and grinding machine
(procedure, use & care of will be explained)
- All Glasses – dichroic – shapes – stringers – fritt
- A selection of ring & pendant findings for students use
- Notes (extensive soft copy) along with suggested firing schedule
- Kiln firings of all work completed in the workshop.
TECHNIQUES COVERED in Workshop
- All students will have safety cutting grid mats to work on
safety procedures: discussed & practiced with glass handling & compatibility
- Colour and design principles discussed.
- Students will have samples of finished work to inspire creativity over 50 colour test pieces – test boards to assist them in their choices.
- How to Layer the glass pieces, & add glass fusing pieces to enhance the final designs.
Various methods will be discussed how to attach your finished glass pieces to make wearable jewellery.
- there are lots of samples for this workshop so students can make colour and size decisions based on the tests
- Appling frit for another totally fabulous frame to the glass!
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- – Notebook & SKETCHBOOK – Apron
- Your enthusiasm to take your skills to a whole new level!!
IMPORTANT!!! please wear covered in shoes & no loose clothing
WHAT YOU WILL MAKE IN THESE WORKSHOPS
- Students will be encouraged to work shapes that interest them
- We will sit for a while look at tests and make some decision based on your likes.
- Choosing & discussing the size of the finished pieces to be made (taking into consideration the layering!
- Make some notes and decision on how many firings and pieces you will need to make,
to give you the desired result
- Choices do you want Holes drilled for hanging or hi-fire wire added for loop additions,
& if loop how many? to be later wire wrapped for hanging)
- Preparing the glass, for the final touches
- Kilns will fire as soon as the work is loaded or overnight!
- Students will unpack the kiln for the previous day ..that’s exciting!!
- If pieces have to be layered, grinding may have to be done.
- Some of the rounds or Ovals can have holes drilled in them, students will have choices.
- Preparing the glass, for the final touches.
- How to layer your pieces up ready for firing.
- Getting the work on the shelves ready for firing as soon as its finished!
- Firing from the last day will be posted to students
- Depending on time students can make extra pieces so please come with some of your ideas & of drawings and I will do my best to help you achieve your goals.
- QUALITY over QUANTITY is my mantra!