All materials and tool use
Course Start Date & Time:
Course Details:OMG This is such a great workshop for a creative introduction to Glass for Jewellery
- Lunch will be provided for the 3 days
- Maximum number of students in class 3
1-day Dichroic glass fusing workshop I will assist you with design and cutting and YES you can do it!!!
Maximum number of students in class 3
- Discover the wonders, beauty & magic properties of Glass !! & make your own STAND OUT FASHION JEWELLERY
- This is a workshop with realistic achievable professional learning outcomes for all levels including the raw beginner!!
- Positions fill quickly for these workshops so avoid disappointment book early
- Glass Test Pieces & Dichroic tests available to assist you in your colour and layering decisions.
- Students will be encouraged to design cut and make shapes of their choice with assistance.
- This is a great workshop, and an interesting way to cross over DICHROIC glass into your future jewellery designs.
- HDD offers kiln firing services which will allow you to continue working with glass in the future by having access to a kiln if you don’t have one. See kiln firing services
WHAT’S INCLUDED in your workshop
- Tuition & discussion of glass and its properties.
- Students will have their own designated areas, with all tools and grinding machine (procedure, use & care of will be explained)
- All Glasses – dichroic – shapes – stringers – fritt
- A selection of ring findings for students use
- Notes (extensive soft copy) along with suggested firing schedule
- Kiln firings of all work completed in the workshop.
TECHNIQUES COVERED in Workshop
- All students will have safety cutting grid mats to work on safety procedures: discussed & practiced with glass handling & compatibility
- Colour and design principles discussed.
- Students will have samples of finished work to inspire creativity over 50 colour test pieces – test boards to assist them in their choices.
- How to Layer the glass pieces, & add glass fusing pieces to enhance the final designs. Various methods will be discussed how to attach your finished glass pieces to make wearable jewellery.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Notebook – Apron
- Your enthusiasm to learn a fabulous new skill!
WHAT YOU WILL MAKE IN THIS WORKSHOPS
- Glass pieces that can be designed & made into Jewellery
- HDD Studio is fully equipped with findings and bails should you want to purchase them)
- Pendants – Earrings – Brooches – Rings
- Students will be encouraged to work shapes that interest them.Level 1
- Square & or rectangle shapes for Rings or pendants (pendant can have holes drilled for hanging or hi-fire wire added for loop additions, to be later wire wrapped for hanging)
- Students practice cutting glass before they move on to their pieces.
- Preparing the glass, for the final touches.
- How to layer your pieces up ready for firing.
- Getting the work on the shelves ready for firing
- Kilns will fire as soon as the work is loaded or overnight!
- As this is a 1-day workshop, work will be posted to students
- Depending on time students can make extra pieces so please come with some of your ideas & of drawings and I will do my best to help you achieve your goals.
- QUALITY over QUANTITY is my mantra!